Request for accommodation
Institut Polytechnique de Paris has some available rooms and shared apartments in these residential areas:
- Studapart - our privileged partner
You will have to create an account directly on the website ip-paris.studapart.com
In order to formulate a request for accomodation, your registration has to be complete and approved by the admission team of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris and your fees paid. A school certificate will be asked when confirming your accomodation request.
The rental file is simplified and in 100% digital format. You can also benefit from services after your reservation, such as home insurance. If you don't have a guarantor living in France, Studapart is your guarantor for the whole duration of your rental. To be eligible, all you have to do is submit your ID and proof of admission on the platform.
- Partner areas in Massy (91), Palaiseau (91), Cachan (94)…
- Ecole Polytechnique campus
You will be able to ask for an accommodation request on your registration area (home page of the form). Your application for an accommodation will be processed after your registration is completed and your tuition fees paid.
No accommodation request will be processed if your registration file has not been verified by the Admission team of Institut Polytechnique de Paris.
Priority over allocation Institut Polytechnique de Paris will first provide accommodation to:
- PhD Track students;
- Students benefitting from a scholarship holder (CROUS, Campus France) ;
- Students arriving on the French territory for the first time.
Beware : you will have no choice regarding neither the location of your accommodation nor the type of apartment
Students can also apply to private student residences located near the campus.
- Résidence Arpej « Alexandre Manceau » - 26 cours Pierre Vasseur, 91120 Palaiseau
- Résidence ALJT - 28 boulevard Gaspard Monge, 91120 Palaiseau
- Résidence All suites Appart - 25 avenue des Alliés, 91120 Palaiseau
- Résidence KLEY - place Marguerite Prey, 91120 Palaiseau
- Résidence Campusea - 26-28 route de Saclay, 91120 Palaiseau
- Résidence Nexity Studéa - 13 route de Saclay, 91120 Palaiseau
- Résidence Le Compas - 73 rue Gutenberg, 91120 Palaiseau
- Résidence Sergic « First Appart » - 23 avenue des alliés, 91120 Palaiseau
- Résidence Fac-Habitat « Léonard de Vinci » - 22 rue Léonard de Vinci, 91300 Massy
- Résidence Fac-Habitat « Simone de Beauvoir » - 2B place de l’Union Européenne, 91300 Massy
- Résidence Fac-Habitat « Magellan » - 16, rue Ella Maillart – 91300 Massy
- Résidence Studéfi « Océane » - 34 rue Victor Basch, 91300 Massy
- Résidence Studéfi « Eric Tabarly » - 6-8 rue Eric Tabarly, 91300 Massy
- Résidence Sergic « Twenty Campus » - 11 rue Galvani, 91300 Massy
- Résidence Nexity Studéa - 8 rue Jean François La Pérouse, 91300 Massy
- Résidence Les Estudines « Atlantis » - 6 rue Christophe Colomb – 91300 MASSY
- Résidence Les Estudines « Massy Palaiseau » - 5 avenue Emile Baudot – 91300 MASSY
- Résidence Adele « Student village » Massy - 2 Bis Rue Galvani, 91300 Massy
Quartier du Moulon
- Résidence CROUS « La Pacaterie » - Bâtiment 499 – rue de la Pacaterie, 91400 Orsay
- Résidence CROUS « Les Jardins de Fleming » - 21 rue André Maginot – BP 84, 91400 Orsay
- Résidence Fac-Habitat « Lavoisier » - 1 bis Rue Guy Môquet, 91400 Orsay (à 10min de marche de l’arrêt de RER Le Guichet)
- Résidence Studefi « Pierre-Gilles de Gennes » - 20-22 Rue Charles de Gaulle, 91400 Orsay (à 10min de marche de l’arrêt de RER Le Guichet)
- Résidence CROUS « Le Bosquet » - 15 rue le Bosquet, 91940 Les Ulis
- Résidence CROUS « Jean Zay » - 55 avenue du général de Gaulle, 92160 Antony
- Résidence CROUS de Chatenay Malabry - 75 Rue Vincent Fayo, 92296 Chatenay Malabry
- Cité internationale universitaire de Paris (CIUP) - 17 Boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris
The ensemble2générations organization offers an intergenerational house-share free of charge or at a low cost. You are hosted in a local elderly person’s home in exchange for your presence in the evening and at night, some assistance in small tasks or for a low rent. The organization offers three options, depending on your needs and availability:
- Free housing with the commitment of regularly being present in the evening and at night from dinnertime onwards. An annual fee of €390 is paid to the organization.
- Affordable housing: the student is regularly present and provides some assistance to their host, and a (roughly) €100 contribution to monthly bills. The fee for ensemble2générations is €390 per year.
- Solidarity accommodation leaves the student with lots of freedom with their timetable, but it does not rule out a certain level of socialization and assistance with errands. A monthly rent of around €280-400 and a €300 annual fee paid to the organization are to be expected. (APL housing support possible)
This option provides affordable prices as well as an opportunity to share a lovely experience with a local elderly person, in the spirit of helping one another. The organization supervises the homestay and ensures regular check-ups. All information on the conditions of registration can be found on the association’s website.
Renting private housing
The IP Paris campus is located next to the town of Massy Palaiseau and just 45 minutes from the center of Paris by public transport.
Find accommodation to rent:
Be vigilant and watch out for scams. Never give out your banking details or identity documents directly via these websites or by email. Also never send money via Western Union.
On the CAF website you will find details about applications for housing support (personalized housing support (APL), family housing allowances (ALF) or social housing allowances (ALS)). Please see their website to check your eligibility.
Aid in getting a deposit
VISALE - Action Logement is a scheme which replaces the need for a guarantor or personal deposit. The system is simple and completely electronic, providing support in putting down a deposit for accommodation. The scheme acts as the "guarantor" for future tenants. Its objective is to support young people and Action Logement has developed other schemes that can be used alongside it, such as Mobili-Jeune or Loca-pass. Find more information on the VISALE website.