Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The IP Paris Engineering for Health (E4H) Interdisciplinary Research Center invites applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowship Program financed by the ANR grant ExcellencES “Science and Technology at Polytechnique Paris (STeP2)”. The program supports 2-year contracts for postdoctoral fellows. For the 2023 cycle, up to 4 contracts will be funded.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Each project must have a single principal investigator (PI) from Institut Polytechnique de Paris. The application, written in English, consists of the following:
- A cover page that provides the title of the project, the names and affiliations of the PI, a short non-confidential abstract, and up to five keywords (1 page).
- A research project that describes the scientific scope, project timeline and future perspectives (maximum 2 pages excluding references; no appendices are allowed).
- Description of the envisioned impact of the project and its fit with E4H (maximum 1 page).
- Biographical sketch of the PI as well as information about his/her team and available resources (maximum 2 pages).
- Ethics/animal welfare committee approval (or concrete plans for submitting applications for approval) for projects involving animal studies.
Projects that do not adhere strictly to the above instructions and page limits will be penalized.
Applications should be submitted electronically as a single PDF file uploaded to the following application form.
Submissions are now closed
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 a.m. CET (Central European Time) on Monday March 13, 2023. Late applications will not be accepted and will be returned to the applicant.
Funding decisions are expected in early July 2023.
Evaluation Procedure and Selection Criteria
The selection process is subdivided into two phases:
Phase I: Project submission and approval
- Submission of the scientific project
- Verification by the E4H Steering Committee that the submitted projects fall within the scope of E4H
- Notification that the project has been accepted/rejected by the E4H Steering Committee and can proceed to the identification of a postdoctoral candidate
Phase II: Candidate selection
- The PI is responsible for identifying a single postdoctoral candidate whose credentials (CV and personal statement) are submitted to the E4H Steering Committee.
- The E4H Steering Committee forwards the pool of postdoctoral candidates and associated research projects to the E4H Scientific Advisory Board.
- The E4H Scientific Advisory Board determines the final laureates. Candidates may be required to make an oral presentation.
The final decisions will be based on the excellence of the candidates and the adequacy of their training with the proposed research project. Failure to finalize the recruitment of the selected candidate will result in loss of the funding. The selected postdoctoral fellows must officially accept the offer no later than 3 weeks following the announcement of the results; failure to do so may result in reallocation of the funds.
A brief scientific report is expected at the end of the project.
For further information, please contact Silvia Corsini: email@example.com
- Yunlong HE, under the supervision of Pietro GORI for the project: Separating Healthy from Pathological Patterns in Neuroimaging
- Kateřina ŠKARDOVÁ, under the supervision of Martin GENET for the project: Multiscale Modeling and Simulation of REMODELing in Pulmonary Fibrosis