Innovation, Industry and Society
The PhD track is a 5-year program, composed as follows:
- Year 1 (M1): STI or SIM, in order to master the fundamentals in technology and economic and management science. Each PhD student has his own scientific supervisor to guide him/her in this early stage.
- Year 2 (M2): PIC, IREN or COSI. Each of these track provides both intensive courses (PIC: Management Science; IREN : Economics ; COSI : Consulting and IT) and a strong methodological training. Again, a personal researcher is devoted to each student. Even if these three leading masters programs stand as the regular path pointing towards the 3 next years, students coming from other masters are welcome (e.g. GDO-MOPP, Master in Sociology of the EHESS)
- Year 3-4 (D1 & D2): the student is strongly involved both in the lab and in an organization which is the counterpart for the research. The student both (1) attends complementary courses in social sciences, epistemology and methodology of research (2) conducts an in-depth study within the counterpart organization (interviews, action research) to collect data.
- Year 5 (D3) : This year is devoted to finalize the writing of the PhD thesis.
The PhD student:
- Is strongly involved in the collective activities of the lab (weekly lab meeting, conference organization,…).
- Has to publish at least one article in a peer-reviewed journal during the thesis
- Has to attend at least one academic conference each year in order to network within the relevant scientific communities.
Our PhD students are hired in the best Universities in France (HEC, Polytechnique, Sorbonne, …), Europe (Sweden, Germany, Spain, Portugal) and in the world (US, Canada, …). Even if most of them become academics, an increasing portion becomes practitioners within large companies or public institutions.
Step 1 – Application
Step 2 – Jury
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to defend their application and profile in front of a jury composed with academics coming from I3 and potentially other researchers.
Licence/BSc (or equivalent diploma) with highest honors.
Students may also have the possibility to start the PhD Program in the second year of the MSc (4-year PhD program).
The deadline for PhD Track application is February 28, 2020
Eligible applicants on the basis of the provided documentation will be contacted for an interview from the 15th of March onwards.
You shall receive an answer 2 months after the application deadline of the session.
Successful applicants will obtain a three-year PhD scholarship for year 3 to 5.
Hervé Dumez, I3 Director,
Michele Breton, Administration Manager