The « Mathématiques et Applications » Master’s program provides a wide offer in many fields of mathematical sciences, and in particular in pure and applied mathematics, scientific computing, and at the interface with physics and life sciences.
M1 The first year (M1) is structured into two paths, pure or applied mathematics, which enables the students to choose a first direction, depending on the desired specialization for the second year. It also includes two PhD Tracks whose purpose is to guide the students towards the doctorate (after the end of the Master).
M2 The second year offers six specializations covering many fields of mathematical sciences. The courses allow the students to acquire more in-depth knowledge, and to prepare them for a doctorate in academic or industrial research labs, or directly for a permanent job position.
The « Mathématiques et Applications » Master’s program has a dual purpose:
- to learn, understand and master a large number of high-level mathematical tools and methods without any compartmentalization, by offering a wide range of basic courses that form the foundation of the discipline, but also more specialized and research-based courses in order to best prepare students for doctoral studies or for one of the many positions accessible to young mathematicians, whether in the academic or business world;
- to allow students to discover, from within, research activities in all fields of mathematics by addressing current, open problems. This interaction with research is present throughout the curriculum in several forms: seminars, mentoring projects, internships in research labs or companies.
The wide variety of courses, seminars, projects and internships proposed during the master offers the possibility, for every student, to build his/her own curriculum in mathematical sciences. After graduation, the student can apply for PhD funding in top research labs. There are also many job opportunities available immediately in industrial research & development centres in France or abroad in related areas, such as engineering in energy and environment, in the transport industry (aeronautics, communication, signaling, etc.), or insurance, banking, pharmaceutical and food processing companies…
INVOLVED IP PARIS LABORATORIES
- ENSAE Paris: CREST (Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique)
- ENSTA Paris: UMA (Unité de Mathématiques Appliquées)
- Télécom Paris: IDS (Image, Données, Signal)
- Télécom SudParis: CITI (Communications, Images et Traitement de l’Information)
- Ecole polytechnique: CMAP (Centre de Mathématiques Appliquées), CMLS (Centre de Mathématiques Laurent Schwartz)
The mention « Mathématiques et Applications » is co-accreditated with Université Paris-Saclay. The two M1 paths and the six M2 specializations listed above are shared.
- Université Paris-Saclay
- Université Paris-Descartes
- Université Paris-Dauphine
- Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées
- Ecole des Mines
- ENS Ulm
- Air Liquide
- General Electrics
Bachelor in mathematics, mathematical sciences or related field.
French or English