Master 1 & 2
Computer Science and applied mathematics Operations Research
Operational Research is one of the main fields of application of computer science and applied mathematics in industry. It includes a set of methods, mathematical modeling and dedicated software that help to optimize the decision-making process in the companies. OR is, by its very nature, a discipline that is directly linked to industry and its key role in maintaining competitiveness is confirmed through the years and translate into an increased demand for young graduates in this field. This discipline has made very important progress in recent years, which requires a significant updating of training courses and justifies a specialized and high-level curriculum.
Language of instruction: French
ECTS: 120 (60 ECTS obtained in the 1st year and 60 ECTS in the 2nd year)
Oriented: Research and Industry
Duration: 2 years
Courses Location: Paris and Palaiseau
The OR specialization allows the acquisition of theoretical and practical tools in the discipline. The training contains an important part of initiation to scientific research. It also provides students with an initial approach to application areas and learning to use the most advanced software.
The list of detailed courses is only available in French.
IP Paris labs involved
- Computer Science Laboratory (LIX)
- Information Processing and Communications Laboratory (LTCI)
- Applied Mathematics UER (UMA)
• ENSTA Paris
• École polytechnique
• Télécom Paris
• Télécom SudParis
• Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM)
• Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Métiers (ENPC)
• Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Informatique pour l’Industrie et l’Entreprise (ENSIIE)
• Air France
• Air Liquide
• Bachelor in Mathematics or computer science
Deadlines for the Master application sessions are as follows:
– First session: February 28, 2020
– Second session: April 30, 2020
– Third Session (optional): June 30, 2020 (only if there are availabilities remaining after the 2 first sessions)
Applications not finalized for a session will automatically be carried over to the next session.
You shall receive an answer 2 months after the application deadline of the session.
National Master: Official tuition fees of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and innovation (2019-2020, EU students: 243 euros / Non-EU students: 3770 euros)
Contact at CNAM