Organisation, Strategy and information systems
The COSI Master (“Mention International Economics and Environment ») was created in 2002 by the University Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne. Since 2016, ENSTA Paris has been co-accredited to deliver the COSI Master in the « Mention Innovation Company and Society », now offered by the Institut Polytechnique de Paris. Teaching and recruitment are provided by ENSTA Paris for a third of them and by the University Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne for two thirds.
The COSI Master brings together students from the most renowned engineering and business schools and very good students from university courses in economics to train high-level consultants. Graduates of the COSI Master are able to conceptualize the problems of their clients and to provide practical solutions based on scientifically certified knowledge.
The knowledge and skills are acquired through the intervention of Professors in Industrial Economics, Economics of Innovation, Econometrics, Operational Research, Management. Teams of consultants from leading consulting firms provide students with numerous case studies. Thus, they acquire the methodologies and techniques used by professionals.
From April on, students complete an internship of 4 to 6 months in a consulting firm. This is also the period when some students of the Phd Track write a research dissertation. Finally, some students graduating from the COSI Master’s degree are pursuing a PhD thesis in economics thanks to the Phd Track offered to them at the beginning of the year.
At the end of the Master’s degree, all students who have not chosen to follow the Phd Track, become operational consultants capable of innovating, designing and improving Information Systems, organizations, Digital Transformation. Also, they integrate International Consulting Firms for Management and Strategy, Organization, Innovation and Information Technologies.
Language of instruction: courses are taught either in French or English. It is possible to follow the program entirely in English (with some restrictions in the available courses).
Oriented: Industry and Research
Duration: 1 year
Courses Location: University Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne, ENSTA Paris.
The COSI Master aims to develop problem-solving capacities of students and their ability to use analytical tools to make decisions. The program mixes acquisition of theoretical concepts and tools, and situations where students are invited to apply them in real-life cases. The master thesis, as well as the methodology courses provided in the program, also aim at increasing students’ analytical skills. Behavioral and interpersonal skills are acquired too through the internship in a consulting firm.
• Principes et méthodes des stratégies d’entreprises, Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam,Pr. Roland Lantner
• Management et décisions économiques (Simulation), Serious game, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam, Pr. Richard Le Goff
• Methodology for consulting, Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam, Jean-Luc Cyrot
• Gouvernement et croissance des entreprises multinationales, Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam & Project, Pr. Richard Le Goff
• Principes économiques de stratégie, Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam, MCF. Jean Beuve
• Economie contemporaine et politique économique, Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam, Mathieu Plane
• Choose 1 & among the 4 (Lecture, 3 ECTS,18h, written exam)
– Economies de l’Amérique latine, MCF. Chodi
– Economies asiatiques, Pr. Maria Bas
– Economies du Moyen Orient et de l’Afrique, MCF. Boltz
– Stratégies Territoriale Durable, MCF. M. Marouani
• Choose 2 among the 4 (Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam & Project)
– Digital transformation, Martin Maffi
– Systèmes d’information, Philippe Gilbert
– Intelligence économique, Philippe Laurier
– Assistance à Maîtrise d’Ouvrage, Nacer Mazouz
• Choose one (Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam & Project)
– Pratique de l’économétrie, Pr. M.A. Diaye
– Analyse des données relationnelles, Pr. As. Didier Lebert
• Microsimulations, Lecture,3 ECTS, 18h, written exam, Pr. François Gardes
• Management de l’innovation, Business cases, 3 ECTS, 18h, Project, Jean-Luc Cyrot
• Dialogue social dans l’entreprise et stratégie, Business cases, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam, Nabil Moussaoui
• Economie des industries de réseaux, Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam, MCF. Gézia Damergy
• Economie et géographie de l’innovation, Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam & Project, Pr. Richard Le Goff
• Ateliers de professionnalisation coaching, 0 ECTS, 18h, Mock interviews, Nabil Moussaoui
• Choose one (Lecture, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam)
– Economie numérique, MCF. Fabrice Lequeux
– Globalisation and development strategies, Pr. Remi Bazillier
• Chose two among the three (Lecture and Projects, 3 ECTS, 18h, written exam & Project)
– Comptabilité, Analyse financière et consolidation
– Droit commercial
– Corporate Finance
(Leturers: Thibaut Barnier and consultants Maître Aurélien Aucher)
• Internship 4 to 6 months (or optional Master Desertion optional in case of a Phd Track of Ecole d’Economie de la Sorbonne), 6 ECTS, Pr. Richard Le Goff
• Applied Economics UER (UEA), Interdisciplinary Institute for Innovation (I3),
• CES Centre d’Economie de la Sorbonne, (UMR 8174).
Researchers of i3 at ENSTA Paris and CES at UP1 are involved in the management of the M2 track and teach in the program.
● Careers in the “Top 10” international consulting firms
● Few careers in large firms and international institutions
● Few students become Entrepreneurs
Institutional and industrial partners: Relationships with the institutional and industrial environment are realized in various ways: (i) the faculty involved in the program has relationships with the institutional and industrial environment, (ii) practitioners of consulting firms give some of the more applied courses in the program.
- Completion of the 1st year of a master program (Master 1)
- Master 1 of universities in Economics, Management or Political Sciences
- M1 Level of post-graduated school of management or engineers (i.e. including courses in Economics)
- Master 1 of science (with a personal curriculum attesting of knowledges in Economics)
- Students, French or foreign, must be extremely hardworking and motivated because the consulting professions are very demanding in terms of involvement and personal investment. Among those who have an academic background reflecting certain forms of excellence, candidates have to be humble and confident, analytical and synthetic, creative and critical, curious and enterprising, agile and pragmatic. »
- Basic level in French
Deadlines for the Master application sessions are as follows:
– First session: February 28, 2020
– Second session: April 30, 2020
– Third Session (optional): June 30, 2020 (only if there are availabilities remaining after the 2 first sessions)
Applications not finalized for a session will automatically be carried over to the next session.
You shall receive an answer 2 months after the application deadline of the session.
You can check your application status by logging in your candidate space.
National Master: Official tuition fees of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
(2019-2020, EU students: 243 euros / Non-EU students: 3770 euros)
Richard Le Goff