Virtual & Augmented Reality
The VAR M2 Master program aims at providing the students with the fundamental background and technical skills necessary for developing innovative industrial applications as well as cutting-edge research programs in the fields of virtual and augmented reality technologies. The program opens perspectives of future careers in various industrial domains, including computer aided design in aeronautics and mechanical/automobile engineering, architecture and urbanism design, digital cinema and special effects, video games, video-surveillance, simulation and control, medical imaging, e-commerce and e-marketing, at different levels of responsibilities such as project manager, expert engineer, project designer and R&D engineer.
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 1 year
Courses Location: Institut Mines Telecom, Palaiseau
The objective of the program is to cover a large spread of fundamental concepts in computer vision (including methods for acquiring, processing, analyzing and understanding digital images, artificial intelligence), computer graphics (including geometry primitives, texture mapping, animation and deformation, rendering and lighting algorithms), deep learning methods, human-computer interfaces (advanced visual programming, toolboxes, web interfaces, user centric design, evaluation, ergonomics, robotics), to address key elements of virtual and augmented reality systems and applications (sensors, scene modeling, natural and synthetic content aggregation, interaction, spatial and temporal registration, object tracking, immersive rendering, …) and to practice with modern software tools and hardware equipment used in AR and VR.
First period ( 30 ECTS) :
Basics in computer vision, 3 ECTS, English
Computer graphics, 3 ECTS, English
Advanced Computer vision and 3D reconstruction, 3 ECTS, English
Human computer interface, 3 ECTS, English
Artificial intelligence for VR/AR, 3 ECTS, English
Social Robotics, 3 ECTS, English
Collaborative Environments, 3 ECTS, English
Virtual reality, 3 ECTS, English
Augmented reality, 3 ECTS, English
Transversal Master Project, 3 ECTS, English
Research internship (30 ECTS)
• ARTEMIS – Advanced Research and TEchniques for Multidimensional Imaging Systems, Telecom SudParis
• LTCI – Information Processing and Communications Laboratory, Telecom Paris
• RCVL – Robotics and Computer Vision Lab, ENSTA-ParisTech
AR/VR project manager, expert engineer, project designer and R&D engineer in various industrial domains.
• Telecom Bretagne
• École des Ponts ParisTech
• Chiron IT
Chair and partnership
• IATV: Artificial Intelligence for the Media, supported by France Télévisions
• Partnership with Bosch/e.l.m.leblanc on AR-related topics
- Completion of the 1st year of a master program (Master 1)
- Basic knowledge on Maths (linear algebra)
- Programming skills in computer programming (C/C++, Python, Java)
- Basic knowledge on image processing and computer vision
Deadlines for the Master application sessions are as follows:
– First session: February 28, 2020
– Second session: April 30, 2020
– Third Session (optional): June 30, 2020 (only if there are availabilities remaining after the 2 first sessions)
Applications not finalized for a session will automatically be carried over to the next session.
You shall receive an answer 2 months after the application deadline of the session.
You can check your application status by logging in your candidate space.
National master: Official tuition fees of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
(2019-2020, EU students: 243 euros / Non-EU students: 3770 euros)
MdC Marius PREDA
Pr. Titus ZAHARIA