Innovation Industry & Society
The master’s program “Innovation Entreprise et Société” prepares to become a leader in innovation intensive contexts.
The innovation-based competition is now a reality for all economic actors. The digital revolution strongly affects firms’ and regulators’ behavior. In order to survive in hyper-competitive markets, firms have to innovate more frequently and more radically. The master’s program aims at providing cutting-edge frameworks and methodologies suited to face such challenges.
The main topics of the master’s:
- Strategy and decision making
- Market approach
- Customer approach
- Design processes
- Organization and project management
- Finance and governance
… all these fields being specialized for innovation intensive contexts.
In order to acquire such expertise, students will be involved in a demanding learning program, encompassing:
- Classes provided by academics and practitioners.
- Case studies
- Students’ projects
- Internship within an innovative company
- A learning expedition abroad
The program aims at:
- understanding the specificities of innovation intensive competition
- acquiring theories and methodologies suited for this context
Year 1 has two tracks:
- The track “Technological Innovation”, driven by Ecole polytechnique, involves both scientific courses in various domains (AI, biology, environment,…) and innovation management courses.
- The track “Strategy, Innovation & Markets”, driven by Telecom Paris, involves both technology courses in digital-related domains (electronics, signal processing, AI, etc.) and courses focused on economy and management.
Year 2 has three tracks:
- The track “Project Innovation Design” (“master PIC”) focuses on innovation management and R&D. This leads to positions mostly in R&D intensive firms, consulting firms, and startups.
- The track “Innovation and Regulation for Digital Economy” (“master IREN”) focuses on economic and management issues, related to the digital economy and network industries. It mostly leads to positions in firms evolving in the digital economy, consulting firms and regulatory agencies.
- The track “IT, strategy and consulting” (“master COSI”) focuses on consulting related fields, such as market understanding, methodology and strategy. It mostly leads to positions in consulting firms.
All these tracks share the same approach:
- Cutting-edge courses
- A mixed program between “hard” and “soft” sciences
- An internship
Alumni mostly enjoy positions as:
- Project manager
- Consultant in Strategy and Organization
- R&D manager
INVOLVED IP PARIS LABORATORIES
The program heavily relies on the expertise of academics belonging to the Interdisciplinary Institute for Innovation (I3), UMR 9217. The lab welcomes more 200 people, 70 full-time researchers. I3 essentially draws researches in partnership with private and public organizations, facing innovation challenges.
- Ecole Polytechnique
- Télécom Paris
- ENSTA Paris
- Université Paris Sud
- Université Dauphine
- Mines ParisTech
- Université Paris 1 Sorbonne
Partnership with the industry is critical for the master’s program :
- Courses often welcome practitioners sharing their experience with the students
- Case studies are mostly drawn out of research projects conducted by the professor
- Numerous industrial partners give subjects for internship
The master’s program welcomes applications mostly with engineering and business backgrounds. GPA will be particularly considered, as the master’s program is highly selective.
Most of the program is in French, a basic level in French is mandatory.
Master 1 and Master 2 – Deadlines for the Master application sessions are as follows:
– First session: February 28, 2020
– Second session: April 30, 2020
– Third Session (optional): June 30, 2020 (only if there are availabilities remaining after the 2 first sessions)
Applications not finalized for a session will automatically be carried over to the next session.
PhD Tracks – The deadline for PhD Track application is February 28, 2020
Eligible applicants on the basis of the provided documentation will be contacted for an interview from the 15th of March onwards.
You shall receive an answer 2 months after the application deadline of the session.
Route de Saclay