Electrical Engineering for Communications & Information Processing
The Deep Tech revolution, which is taking place in the fields of communications and distributed systems, has given rise to such modern advents as digital clouds or the Internet of Things. Being at the core of the ongoing digital transformation of modern society, it generates a crucial need for highly qualified professionals and scientists in the fields of communication engineering, multimedia and data analysis, electronics and embedded system design, and gives rise to many new career opportunities.
Built atop 8 tracks covering the fields of Electrical Engineering, supported by 6 top laboratories of Institut Polytechnique de Paris and Université Paris-Saclay with strong ties to industry, the master develops an exceptional offer of high-level courses and of training by and for research.
Based on its broad range of expertise, the Electrical Engineering master will empower its students with the expertise to solve multidisciplinary scientific and technological challenges and an ability to operate under both economic and societal constraints, positioning its graduates for high-impact careers.
The Master is structured in two years four semesters. All the courses are taught in English. The Master is designed to respond to new needs in the digital industry. The program is developed based on the analysis of the society towards smarter and ever more connected environments, taking into account future environmental and societal challenges. It is possible to apply in second year.
The master is structured along two years divided in four semesters. The first year is entirely taught in English and cover both fundamental and specialized courses.
First year :
- Computer Science
- Fundamental of Probability and Statistics
- Signal Processing and statistical Data Analysis
- Scientific Project
- Effective Communication
- French as Foreign Language
Specialized courses the students must choose one of the 4 following options:
- Telecom Networking Multimedia
- Electrical and Optical engineering
- Data Analysis & Pattern Classification
These options determine a choice among 8 different tracks for the second year. The teaching language depends on the tracks.
- Data Science: from Sensors to Machine Learning (TRIED) (French and English)
- Optical Networks and Photonic Systems (ROSP) (English)
- Radio Systems (RS) (French and English)
- Integration of circuits and Systems (ICS) (English)
- Systèmes Embarqués et Traitement de l’Information (SETI) (French)
- Information processing: machine learning, communications and security (MICAS) (English)
- Multimedia Networking (MN) (English)
- Virtual and augmented Reality (VAR) (English)
MN, ROSP, ICS and SETI are organisd in collaboration with University Paris-Saclay.
The fourth semester is devoted to a research-oriented internship. The internship can be done in industrial R&D labs or universities in France or abroad.
Master 2 in Integration, Circuits & Systems
Master 2 en Systèmes Embarqués & traitement de l’Information (description only available in French)
Master 2 in Multimedia Networking
Master 2 in Machine Learning Communications and Security
Master 2 en Traitement de l’Information & Exploitation des Données (description only available in French)
Master 2 in Virtual & Augmented Reality
Master 2 in Optical Networks and Photonic Systems
Master 2 in Radio Systems
The master is designed to fit with the emergence of novel needs in the digital industry. It is supported by a long-term social evolution towards smarter and always more connected environments.
The skills acquired by the Electrical Engineering master students are matched with the ultimate development of:
- Ultra-dense and high-speed network connectivity
- Seemingly infinite capacity networks
- Perpetual digital protection and security
- Scalable data collection and analysis
- Smart objects based IoT
- Artificial Intelligence-driven environments
Graduated students can choose between an academic career (PhD) and an employment in the R&D private sectors. Researcher positions and job opportunities can be found in any field of the broad spectrum of Information Technologies:
- Networks and communications
- Embedded systems and circuit design
- Multimedia networking
- Virtual reality
- Data analysis
Aside public research organizations and universities, interested employers can be operators, telecom companies, system providers, innovative start-up and any software to hardware based high tech company. The Parisian environment is one of the richest high-technology ecosystems in Europe, with such well-known companies as Orange, Nokia, Thales, Sagem, Dassault, Airbus, Schlumberger, Technicolor, etc and many reknown universities.
INVOLVED IP PARIS LABORATORIES
Three ICT labs of IP Paris support the EE master:
- LTCI: Information Processing and Communications Laboratory (Telecom ParisTech)
- SAMOVAR (Telecom Sud Paris)
- U2IS: Computer Science and Information systems UER (ENSTA Paris)
- OMEGA Microelectronics (Polytechnique)
Three ICT Labs of Université Paris Saclay support the EE master: C2N (Université Paris-Sud), Charles Fabry (IOGS) et L2S (Centrale-Supelec).
Students can benefit from internships in such companies as Orange, SagemCom, Thales, Alcatel-Lucent, Technicolor, Google, Telindus, DxO, Ateme, EDF, III-V Labs, Analog Devices, ST Microelectronics, Schlumberger, NXP, Melexis, EADS, Zodiac, HGH, UAB,
CHAIRS & PARTNERSHIPS
Faculties of EE are involved into two chairs:
- “Wave Human Interactions & Telecommunications” supported by Orange,TDF MVG Industries, Huawei and ANFR
- “Connected Cars and Cybersecurity” supported by Renault, Nokia, Thales, Valeo and Wavestone
- Bachelor’s degree, License’s degree or equivalent
- Certificate of English level:
- IELTS ≥ 6
- TOEIC ≥ 785
- CECRL ≥ B2
- Certificate of French level:
- CECRL ≥ B2
Master 1 and Master 2 – Deadlines for the Master application sessions are as follows:
– First session: February 28, 2020
– Second session: April 30, 2020
– Third Session (optional): June 30, 2020 (only if there are availabilities remaining after the 2 first sessions)
Applications not finalized for a session will automatically be carried over to the next session.
PhD Tracks – The deadline for PhD Track application is February 28, 2020 – Extended to March 22, 2020
Eligible applicants on the basis of the provided documentation will be contacted for an interview from the 15th of March onwards.
You shall receive an answer 2 months after the application deadline of the session.
You can check your application status by logging in your candidate space.