Applied Mathematics, Statistics
The « Mathématiques Appliquees et Statistiques» Master’s program provides a wide offering of courses in several fields of mathematical sciences and their applications in data science, finance and economics, biological science and other related fields.
M1 The first year proposes a wide offering of basic and more specialized courses in applied mathematics that will allow students to build a personalized curriculum adapted to their academic and professional projects in the following areas :
- Statistics, Finance and Actuarial science
- Modeling, Probability, Artificial Intelligence
- Signal, Computing, Machine Learning
- Numerical analysis and EDP
- It also includes a PhD Track whose purpose is to guide the students towards the doctorate (after the end of the Master).
M2 The second year offers three specializations in data sciences and artificial intelligence; quantitative finance and actuarial sciences; and mathematical modelling. The courses allow the students to acquire more in-depth knowledge, and to prepare them for a doctorate in academic or industrial research labs, or directly for a permanent job position.
The « Mathématiques Appliquées et Statistiques» Master’s program goals are twofold:
- to equip students with a solid foundation in applied mathematics in order to pursue doctoral studies or directly apply to the many positions available to young mathematicians in academy, business or industry.
- to allow students to discover, from within, research activities in applied mathematics by addressing current, open problems. This interaction with research is present throughout the curriculum in several forms: seminars, mentoring projects, internships in research labs or companies.
- M1 Applied Mathematics « Mathématiques Appliquées »
- M2 Data sciences and artificial intelligence
- M2 Quantitative finance
- M2 Modelling science
- PhD Track in Data Sciences and Artificial Intelligence
- Apprenticeship program in Data Sciences and Artificial Intelligence
- PhD Track in Quantitative finance
- PhD Track in Mathematical Modelling
The wide variety of courses, seminars, projects and internships proposed during the master offers the possibility, for every student, to build his/her own curriculum in mathematical sciences. After graduation, the student can apply for PhD funding in top research labs. There are also many job opportunities available immediately in industrial research & development centres in France or abroad in related areas, such as Artificial Intelligence in internet companies, energy, in the transport industry (aeronautics, communication, signaling, etc.), or insurance, banking and pharmaceutical companies…
INVOLVED IP PARIS LABORATORIES
- ENSAE Paris: CREST (Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique)
- ENSTA Paris: UMA (Unité de Mathématiques Appliquées)
- Télécom Paris: IDS (Image, Données, Signal)
- Télécom SudParis: CITI (Communications, Images et Traitement de l’Information)
- Ecole Polytechnique: CMAP (Centre de Mathématiques Appliquées)
The M2 Quantitative finance and Mathematical Modelling are part of a collaboration agreement with Sorbonne Université and Centrale-Supelec
- Air Liquide
- General Electrics
Bachelor in mathematics, mathematical sciences or related field.
French or English